Monday, February 13, 2012

Is $600 including cleanup fee, too much for a caterer that will be feeding 50-75 people a buffet style dinner?

Okay, I found this lady and her husband listed in my local phone book. They seem professional enough, with business cards, and a mobile bbq pit they use if that is your choice. They also have a photo album that seems legit, it's full of photos from events they claimed to have catered to. Now she and her husband operate this business out of their home. Or to be more specific, a building on their property near their home. the building is ully equipped for what they are claiming to be doing, and that is a catering business. They have been in operation for 3 years and claim to have catered 100 events during this time. She and her husband are asking for 600 to feed a guest list of 50-75 folks. The menu will be a homestyle country type buffet meal which will include fried chicken, homemade mac ''n" cheese, collard greens, green beans, baked chicken, ham, ribs, rolls, biscuits and for dessert, bananna pudding, jello, and my choice of 3 cakes. They will also be serving tea, lemonade and wedding punch. She is saying 500 for the food, and asking an additonal 100 for cleanup. I already have in mind the place I want it, and this place is providing the linens, so in a sense, she is just cooking and setting up the food. Am I getting duped, and would you use this couple. They are not a part of the BBB, and even though they claim to have had this business for 3 years, none of my friends has ever heard of them. And if this helps, I went over to talk to them, and they were in the middle of cooking for a class reunion. The food was smelling delicious, and she let me sample some, it was off the chain!Is $600 including cleanup fee, too much for a caterer that will be feeding 50-75 people a buffet style dinner?
It's super cheap. If you are still unsure then pay a little more and go with someone you have heard of. Sometimes if it is too good to be true it is. Listen to your instincts. They could be perfectly legit and you did say they had good food.
This seems extremely reasonable to me. That is a lot of work! I wouldn't do it for that price. They have to buy and cook all that food, too. Ask to talk to her references if you would feel better.Is $600 including cleanup fee, too much for a caterer that will be feeding 50-75 people a buffet style dinner?
No that is very, very reasonable. Mine was almost $2000 for 60 people
That is a BARGAIN. We paid $300 per person, most people in my area pay $150 a head.



You will be feeding people for less than $10 per person with drinks and dessert! Do not think it twice, it doesn't get cheaper than that unless is Taco Bell.



Good luckIs $600 including cleanup fee, too much for a caterer that will be feeding 50-75 people a buffet style dinner?
I agree with Blunt. I've never heard of such a deal! Based on the $500 for food, that is $10 per person if you have 50 guests, and $6.66 if you have 75 guests. You can't feed people more cheaply than that. Look at all you are getting. Plus, you said the food was excellent, so what more could you ask for? I'd grab it before these people are booked up.



For peace of mind, I am sure they would be able to provide you with at least 5 references whom you can contact.
this caterer must not be making any profit...



edit: pay her more...
This is a deal and of course you will have a contract between the two of you that you will mutually sign that will include all the prices and their obligations that you should read fully before you sign. My guests are 25.00 a head so your getting a deal. I am paying 5000 dollars to cater, open bar, decor and give my guests a full meal. Wow you are surely getting a deal.
Extremely reasonable. It's less than 10$ a head. Go for it! I wish there were such good deals where I live. For that price I wouldn't even have had cake %26amp; punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment