Sunday, February 26, 2012

What do you think of this poem, an epic poem made my our very own Y!A poets?

A reddened shadow lay upon the water

as evidence of an impending slaughter

In the reflected glow of dusk aesthete's fodder.

The Sun descends below the Golden the Earth

Night rises devoid of mirth

Old Country Buffet has widened my girth

Feel as though I may soon emplode





A reddened shadow lay upon the water

as evidence of an impending slaughter

In the reflected glow of dusk aesthete's fodder.

The Sun descends below the Golden the Earth

----Night rises devoid of mirth

Old Country Buffet has widened my girth



Feel as though I may soon implode

Woe is me, to have to carry such a heavy load

By light of moon what creatures鈥?prowl

Undistinguished by grunt or growl

But then potato rapes my foot.

As sausage slithers past my lips





Back to the lake of imminent slaughter

Crossed over by Lord Ullan's daughter.

Across the chasm in two small jumps

and I am in love with the rolling earth

While upon my Harley, wind in my hair,

----I gave birth to a dream

And I woke up with a ghastly scream

O Please, Mother of us all, never reject my dream



To your hardened skin





--------------------------------------鈥?br>


I had asked an earlier question for the Yahoo Answers Poets to contribute one line to the first Yahoo Answers epic poem and this is the result. I did not change a thing as far as format and the lines=]





What do you think?What do you think of this poem, an epic poem made my our very own Y!A poets?
Amazingly good! One line per each poet?

Clever, well put together!

Good Afternoon!What do you think of this poem, an epic poem made my our very own Y!A poets?
Love it! Love it! Love it!What do you think of this poem, an epic poem made my our very own Y!A poets?
UH_HUH! It's just as I suspected

We are damn brilliant!
This is not an "epic" poem. Epic poems are MUCH longer, as in book length. See The Iliad, The Odyssey, The Aeneid, Dante's Divine Comedy. The fact it was coordinated to be written by several different writers is impressive.
  • restaurant reviews
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment