Monday, February 20, 2012

What's your favorite decade of country music?

50s (Examples)





* Crazy Arms- Ray Price


* Young Love- Sonny James


* Bobby Helms- Fraulein


* Marty Robbins- El Paso


* Faron Young- Alone With You


* The Everly Brothers- All I Have to Do is Dream


* Johnny Horton- The Battle of New Orleons


* Johnny Cash- Don't Take Your Guns to Town


* Sixteen Tons- Tennessee Ernie Ford


* Heartbreak Hotel- Elvis Presley





60s





* Hank Locklin- Please Help Me, I'm Falling


* Leroy Van Dyke- Walk on By


* George Jones- She Thinks I Still Care


* George Hamilton IV- Abiline


* Connie Francis- Once a Day


* Roger Miller- King of the Road


* Jack Green- There Goes My Everything


* Bill Anderson- For Loving You


* Tammy Wynette- Stand by Your Man


* Glen Campbell- Galveston





70s





* Conway Twitty- Hello Darlin'


* John Denver- Take Me Home, Country Roads


* Charley Pride- It's Gonna Take a Little Bit Longer


* Charlie Rich- The Most Beautiful Girl


* Dolly Parton- I Will Always Love You


* C.W. McCall- Convoy


* Waylon Jennings- Good Hearted Woman


* The Kendalls- Heaven's Just a Sin Away


* Kenny Rogers- The Gambler


* The Charlie Daniels Band- The Devil Went Down to Georgia





80s





* Johnny Lee- Lookin' for Love


* Eddie Rabbit- I Love a Rainy Night


* Willie Nelson- Always on My Mind


* Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers- Island in the Stream


* Alabama- You're Gonna Play in Texas (You Gotta Have a Fiddle)


* George Strait- The Chair


* Reba McEntire- Little Rock


* Randy Travis- Forever and Ever, Amen


* Keith Witley- When You Say Nothing At All


* Clint Black- It's Killin' Time





90s





* Garth Brooks- The Dance


* Trisha Yearwood- She's in Love With the Boy


* Billy Ray Cyrus- Achy Breaky Heart


* Alan Jackson- Chattahooche


* John Michael Montgomery- I Swear


* Tim McGraw- I Like It, I Love It


* Deana Carter- Strawberry Wine


* Tim McGraw ft. Faith Hill- It's Your Love


* Shania Twain- You're Still the One


* Lonestar- Amazed





00s





* Lee Ann Womack- I Hope You Dance


* Brooks and Dunn- Ain't Nothing 'bout You\


* Keith Urban- Somebody Like You


* Alan Jackson ft. Jimmy Buffet- It's Five O'Clock Somewhere


* Kenny Chesney- There Goes My Life


* Toby Keith- As Good as I Once Was


* Carrie Underwood- Jesus, Take the Wheel


* Rodney Atkins- Watching You


* Taylor Swift- Our Song


* Brad Paisley- Letter to Me


* Jason Aldean- Big Green Tractor


* Lady Antebellum- Need You Now


* Josh Turner- Why Don't We Just Dance|||The 1960s.

For me, the death of Patsy Cline sparked a major interest in her and, by association, other Country singers.



George Jones, Buck Owens, Kitty Wells, Jean Shepard, Merle Haggard, Stonewall Jackson, Lefty Frizzell, Loretta Lynn, Marty Robbins, Ray Price, Waylon Jennings, and Porter Wagoner, among others were all prominent in the early to middle sixties.|||50's and 60's stuff like Geroge Jones, johnny cash, merle haggard, waylon..


today's "country" sucks. except few artist out there who are keeping it country like alan jackson george strait..|||The decade from 1955 to 1965.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4bo4ByFh鈥?/a>





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLKtqfxV鈥?/a>





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuZTk1hdp鈥?/a>





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEcUqS5vf鈥?/a>





just to name a few.|||70s and 80s, George Jones, Tanya Tucker and so many more, some 90s music is good also.|||The '70s. Of course, I liked a lot of the songs that attained classic status before the '70s.|||the 90's/00's|||Since they haven't made any Country music since the mid-eighties, I'd have to say 50's, 60's,70's and through mid eighties.|||90s and 00s (in that order) but that's just because that's been the time I've been alive....so i've grown up listening to these songs.|||Some 80's then 90's and 00's :D|||gotta say the 90s...grew up listening to it and still listen to it nonstop|||Late 1980s through very early 2000s is the best country music hands down!|||60's for me. Easy choice.|||I agree 110% with STEVE B. 50s to 80s is real country music.|||My love of Country Music goes back to the Classic Years 50s/60s|||Well,I have listened to music from the 30's to today.up until


the early 90's i listened to radio, then Some people come


along and ruined it.now, I still listen to my favorites but most


of what i listen to today is classics or independent artists.





Brian Burns, Tom Wilson, Dale Watson,Jason Boland,


Aaron Watson,Amber Digby,Miss Leslie,Kimberly Murray,


Jake Hooker,Billy Keeble to name a few.|||the 90s is what i've been listenin to since the beginning and it'll forever be my favorite decade in country music. my own examples



rick trevino-running out of reasons to run

tammy rogers-going for a drive

paul brandt-little in love

mark chesnutt-it sure is monday

john anderson-money in the bank

sammy kershaw-queen of my double wide trailor

clay walker-if i could make a living

david kersh-if i never stopped loving you

james bonamy-the swing

tracy lawrence-cant break it to my heart

the wilkinsons-fly(the angel song)

tracy byrd-that's the thing about a memory

rhett akins-that aint my truck

clint black-we tell ourselves

boy howdy-she'd give anything

chris ledoux-for your love

kenny chesney-she's got it all (what happened to the days when his music was good?)

tim mcgraw (all i want is a life (ditto)

john michael montgomery-beer and bones

pam tillis-i said a prayer

lila mccann-i wanna fall in love

michael peterson-too good to be true

jerry kilgore-love trip

terri clark-now that i found you

david ball-thinkin problem|||.....I'll take the honkytonk sounds of the 50's and 60's.|||defiantly 90's. who doesnt like Sold(Auction song), or Watermelon Crawl, or Boot Scootin' Boogie, or all of Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson, or just all the goofy songs. but i have to admit i love Brad Paisley and Zac Brown Band now.|||I like the decade of '75 - '85 best although I agree about the 50's and 50's being awesome. I was a huge Jim Reeves fan in the late 50's and until his death in '64. After that I followed a singer that at the time was known best only regionally around Houston TX: Gene Watson. His breakout songs in the mid-70's of Bad Water and Love In The Hot Afternoon and Where Love Begins got me hooked on Gene Watson where I've been ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment