Monday, February 20, 2012

Wedding reception... buffet style?

My wedding reception is may 15th on a sunday at 2:30 there will only be about 25 people there who are very close family and friends. We are a very simple country family.

We are going very simple and our sides will be homemade, but ill be honest chicken is coming from bojangles and our fish is coming from long john silvers and everybody is ok with that (my fiance had this idea i thought it was a good one)!!

What do y'all think of a buffet style reception that includes these types of food...



Chicken %26amp; Fish

mashed taters and gravy,

green beans,

cole slaw,

tater salad,

and biscuits.



To drink:

sweet tea

punch

water

coffee

(no alcohol)Wedding reception... buffet style?
I think it sounds good. Definitely the way to go for a smaller reception, helps to save a little money and simpler food helps people be a little more relaxed!
Make sure you have some malt vinegar for the fish and I'd lose the punch. Everyone will be all over the tea with that. Are you making the tea or getting it from bojinglejangles? I love their tea.



And it almost seems like you're missing deviled eggs, but eh, they're a hassle. Get some buttermints and you'll be all set!



Congrats on getting married!Wedding reception... buffet style?
That's pretty awesome! Perfect for a small wedding reception. You might want to maybe have some beer or something unless there's a reason you're not having it. Many people expect it. I don't drink, but I'm still having alcohol at my reception. And if you just get Coors light or Bud light in cans it can be really cheap.
I think that sounds good. Whatever you and your fiance like and can afford is the best way to go...since you are having close family/friends they will love it because you guys love it!Wedding reception... buffet style?
Sounds good....I would add either a fresh fruit salad or just some sliced up fresh fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew , strawberries, etc)
It's a great way to go for a small wedding reception. My sister did the same thing but they had ribs from their favorite place.
Sounds good :)





Maybe to get a few different flavours and technichs get you family and friends to bring a sald or dessert each. save you money and will taste amazing :)
Sounds good to me! ... Add some unsweet tea and a lettuce salad and I'd call it a near-perfect buffet!
sounds really yummy to me! my friend got buckets of KFC for her very informal reception and everyone was happy!
I think it sounds fine.



Don't forget the cake!
Huh...



Guess I would enjoy my chicken and taters with a glass of water.
  • peterbilt
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment