Monday, February 20, 2012

HELP NEEDED - Investing - Need security. Is my money safer in the US or another country?

I have over $20, 000 that I am investing in a CD at a major US bank (Bank of America @ 2.50%- 9 month CD "no risk/early withdrawal penalties"). Although my $ is "supposedly" FDIC insured I do not want to lose a dime. With all the uncertainty that is going on would it be wise to move my $ (convert it) to overseas currency until things turn around? MANY are talking about the US economy crashing like the great depression and the talk out of Washington is very alarmist (doesn't inspire confidence on Wall Street- Jim Kramer and Buffet also think we are in BIG trouble). I am personally not sure about this bailout helping- at all. Even if FDIC insured, my $ will be worth little if the value of the US $ drops substantially which is looking more and more like a possibility. WHAT COUNTRY WOULD YOU SUGGEST I put my $ into and how (what financial instrument) do you recommend- I want safety and sure, a little interest if possible but security of my hard earned $ first and foremost. If not a foreign country I was considering buying real estate on the cheap with the thought that in 5+ years it could rebound substantially- wish the tax credit stayed at a max of 15k- I think they dropped it to 10k.HELP NEEDED - Investing - Need security. Is my money safer in the US or another country?
Well, there was an item in today's news that the FDIC may become insolvent later this year, and there was news a day or two before that some international group did a survey and concluded that the safest banks in the world are in: Canada, Sweden, Luxemborg, Australia, and Denmark. If I were taking money out of the country, that would be my short list for places to park it. Something else, when you go shopping for banks, see if your account would be keeping your money in dollars or converting to the local currency. A drop in dollar value is greatest in a land where the local currency is rising. Then too this will change over time, so there are no guarantees.



And as for taxes, you can safely bet that taxes will change and not for the better. If you earn money on your savings abroad, you still have to declare it, although you've already paid tax on the $20k initial stake, so it is just on the increase. Some countries don't tax foreigners and others don't tax their citizens when they live elsewhere in the world, but the US and Sweden and a few others expect their citizens to pay their home taxes whereever they go. Just because you park some money elsewhere, don't get fooled into thinking that the IRS is no longer interested in it, they are actually more interested in what happened with it.HELP NEEDED - Investing - Need security. Is my money safer in the US or another country?
The best place to invest %26amp; also get a very good return is Forex trading... By this way you could earn a great fortune...



Trust me.. I got a great help from this website as a new menber to this.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment