Monday, February 20, 2012

What color to paint old buffet - butter yellow kitchen with black cupboards and white trim?

I have inherited an old buffet and it needs a little TLC. I would like to paint it, but don't know what color to do it in. We live on a farm and I would consider my decorating style casual country. We have a pale/butter yellow kitchen with black cupboards I just painted. I use some red accent pieces and the living room which is open to the kitchen is a dusty sage color. Our floors are dark wood. I would like to paint and distress it and would like to use a "color" rather than black or white. Any suggestions?What color to paint old buffet - butter yellow kitchen with black cupboards and white trim?
If possible I would try to keep the top of the buffet natural. (oak color if it is.)

For a nice country look - I think a white milk paint looks amazing. It kind of gives the distressed /aged look.

My sister did her cabinet in her bathroom with this look and it's amazing. She's a big country look fan.

Good luck
I would paint it black, then use a rub off technique %26amp; paint the top red %26amp; the base sage green, perhaps a deeper shade than what you have as an accent in the living. It will pull everything together nicely.What color to paint old buffet - butter yellow kitchen with black cupboards and white trim?
Wood is beautiful by itself.

If the wood is in good shape, why not refinish it?

Maybe stain it a light oak color.
the dusty sage in your living roomWhat color to paint old buffet - butter yellow kitchen with black cupboards and white trim?
Bright green or Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment