Sunday, February 26, 2012

Can someone tell me the name of this dessert?

I recently went to Old Country Buffet and had a chocolate dessert. I'm not sure what it is called. It was kind of like a cake with chocolate sauce mixed in. It could have also been some kind of bread pudding?? They keep it warm in a pan. I have had this dessert at other buffets also. I want to make it at home but have no idea what it is called. Has anyone else had this before? I've searched the net but can't find anything that looks like it. Thanks :)Can someone tell me the name of this dessert?
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake



1 cup sifted all-purpose flour

3/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup milk

2 tablespoons melted butter

1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

1 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 3/4 cup very hot water

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350掳.

Sift into a bowl, flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk and melted butter and mix until smooth. Add chopped pecans or walnuts. Pour batter into a generously greased and floured 9-inch square baking pan. Combine the brown sugar with the 4 tablespoons cocoa and sprinkle over the batter. Pour the hot water over all. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cut warm cake into squares and serve inverted on dessert plates. Spoon sauce from pan over each serving.

Can someone tell me the name of this dessert?
that would be a brownieCan someone tell me the name of this dessert?
Sounds like brownie pudding...My mother used to make it every once in a while when I was growing up. I'm not sure if the link below is the exact recipe she used, but it will be similar and is probably the dish to which you are referring!

No comments:

Post a Comment