Thursday, February 23, 2012

Baby shower?

Need some opinions. My husband really wants a baby shower but we are kind of broke. Do you think it would be ok to have it at a buffet place (like chinesse buffet or old country buffet) our family lives an hour in each direction so we are trying to come up with a place that's right in the middle that won't cost a lot!!!!!Baby shower?
!? Why isn't one of your families THROWING you a shower!? You shouldn't be the one hosting this. I know you are not looking for gifts but the people that love you should want to celebrate in your honor. You need all of your money for that baby.
Sure, a buffet sounds like a fine place to have it, especially if you're making it somewhere that's a little more convenient for family to get to! It also sounds like it'd be low stress - and that's what you need when you're pregnant.



It's so nice to hear that your husband wants the shower too, I think that's a good sign that he's thrilled too! Have a great time and enjoy it!Baby shower?
You should not be throwing your own baby shower but a buffet place is nice
Usually people throw you baby showers and it doesn't cost you anything. However, if you having your own shower I think that it would be appropriate to have at a restaurant that is in between your families.Baby shower?
My mom is doing my shower at her house. It's nothing big, she is just doing cake and drinks. There is no need to spend a lot or go all out.
It's obviously different in the states than here on Aus. I have thrown 2 baby showers for my sister and have had 1 thrown for me and been to numerous friends baby showers. We make it at 1pm for a light lunch/snack. We have a platter of cheese,dip,cracker,chips and lollies. That's all we have ever done and the same for the baby showers I have been to. It's all that needs to be put on food wise to me. Why go way out. But it seems to me everything is done to the extremes in USA. And why are you throwing your own baby shower, your mum,sisters or friends should be organizing it for you. Good luck
why are you throwing your own shower??!?!
Have other people pay for it!!!! My mother is throwning my baby shower.
Again you shouldnt be throwing your own shower, but if you could do it at a relatives house and have people bring snack trays and drinks its not expensive at all
fun is not about money most of the best things in life are free. Best of wishes to you, your husband and new born
well you do need a baby shower, especially if your bank account is running low. yes, it is a good idea to find a place in the middle. sometimes potlucks are a good idea, too. maybe at a park. that way, you can order a little bit of catering, but keep it cheap.
Why not rent a hall. Church hall and have a pot luck dinner. Everyone bring their own dishes.
You shouldn't be throwing it, your friends or family should be!! The buffet place would be fine, but really you shouldn't have to pay for any of it. I don't know a politically correct way to ask but SOMEONE else should do it.
I think a buffet place would be very nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment