Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Eating at a buffet with my husband and 3 children?

Tonight's bill came to $47.80 Old Country Buffet to be exact. So my question is the tip I gave should have been what? The only problem was that the grilled chicken they had out was cold and pinkish. Other than that no complaints.Eating at a buffet with my husband and 3 children?
Don't you serve yourself at a buffet??..I have never heard of tipping at a buffet. Usually you pay before you even get to eat right??..Am i missing something?
I usually give them $1-2/person for buffet service. They do bus the tables, and if you're LUCKY they will refill your drinks. Sometimes, I've had to take our glasses over to the drink station and stand there and wait for someone to serve us. Other times, the wait staff is very attentive.





Have a polite day.Eating at a buffet with my husband and 3 children?
Tipping at a buffet is different than tipping at a full service establishment. $2-$3 is tops.





Also, as for the food....It's not the server's fault if the chicken is cold or undone........they shouldn't suffer for that.
No more than 7 or 8 dollars, 15 percent is reasonable for a buffet, they usually don't do anything but fill up your drinks.Eating at a buffet with my husband and 3 children?
Usually I would pay more, but the bill can be a nice round 50, and thats what I would give.
I never tip at buffet, A/Y people here thumb me down, I don't care.All those wealthy people tip 20 to 50%

No comments:

Post a Comment