Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Any ideas for a Country/buffet style breakfast for men ......?

My brothers (six) are coming over for breakfast tomorrow morning, and I need some ideas. I'm getting up really early to put a ham in the oven, and will start making blueberry pancakes while the ham is doing it's thing... and would like some ideas on other dishes. They're meat and potatoes kind of guys, so potatoes would be a good idea...



I will be serving eggs (big egg eaters they are) but Should I go with all scrambled or over easy? Biscuits or Croissants? Your help is greatly appreciated.Any ideas for a Country/buffet style breakfast for men ......?
WOW! Making me hungry. Sound like a lot of work; I'm SURE they will appreciate anything you do for them.



Ham: Silice and brown it in a skillet if it's easier for you. That's how I usually make mine. Then make some SUPER easy Red Eye Gravy (more about that below).



Eggs: I'm a big over easy fan, but NOT if they have been sitting. If you have 6 guys to feed at once either make sure that everything else is done, so you can do all the eggs at about the same time, or opt for scrambled. They will stay fresh tasting for a pretty long time if you cover them and keep them warm. This will be a LOT easier for you.



Potatoes: Hash browns are easy (from frozen). If you want something a little different and fresh, but still real easy, dice the potatoes (about 1/4") and brown them in some oil. Make sure to salt the oil.



Biscuits or Croissants: Biscuits, and use the grease from the fried ham to make some Red Eye Gravy. It is REAL easy and something unique. Read about it here ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-eye_gra鈥?/a> .



Those pancakes: With everything else you have, you could probably skip the pancakes. If you do make them; heat the syrup up a bit - nice touch.



Okay... I gotta get something to eat now... :-)



Sounds like a lot of FUN!Any ideas for a Country/buffet style breakfast for men ......?
Sounds like you had a great time and a great meal. To bad (for me) that I missed it!

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment