Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Do you tip at a buffet?

We go to Old Country Buffet where they don't serve you at all. You get your own food, drinks, everything. There are people who come clean the dirty dishes off the table.



If a tip is necessary, how much is appropriate?Do you tip at a buffet?
We usually tip..depending on where we go. At OCB I would leave a dollar or two, but only if the waiter or waitress actually brought you drinks and silverware.
it is not necessary to tip but if you want to go right aheadDo you tip at a buffet?
You neednt tip at all, but if you want to, 8 to 10% of the check should be adequate, I think.
I always leave a tip for the clean up crew. I used to work in food service and they rely on tips to actually make a living wage. I leave appx. 15%.

Another note on this ...they have to declare tips and have taxes taken out of the tips they make. Sometimes at the end of the week the tax amount can be more than actual tips received and they owe money back.Do you tip at a buffet?
I used to work at Old Country, no they don't expect tips. They get paid normal wages.
No its a buffet
have you ever tipped a bus boy/girl? seems that's what those people are doing busing the tables so no you don't have to tip but if you want to you can.
I generally tip a little; maybe 10%, if it's just for keeping tables cleared, cleaning up.
You should leave a few dollars because she/he does bring your drinks, refill them, as well as brings you bread or rolls.
Hells no.
depends on how people come

$.50 to $1 per person
Hi this is George Bitar,



I think a couple of dollars would be sufficient.



Thanks,



George Bitar
$1.50 per person is what I read.
If I was going to tip, I would just leave $1, but I probably wouldn't tip at all since they aren't bringing me a drink or anything else.
It is not necessary because you have no server, so they're paycheck does not include tips. Don't worry about it. If for some reason you are feeling extra generous, then go ahead, but only a few dollars in necessary.
yes I tip the people that bring the drinks and plates
No more than 8 - 10 % for removing your dirty plates.
yes because they run their legs off refilling your drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment