Saturday, February 4, 2012

So...what's your favorite night to go to Old Country Buffet and why?

I personally don't like going on "Mushy Food Night."So...what's your favorite night to go to Old Country Buffet and why?
Ours here is open for breakfast....and though I don't go at night....and don't you dare tell my children, I have been known to slide right in there and eat myself to oblivion on the most fattening bad-for-you breakfast foods there are.



The other day I was having a very bad day....and cheered myself up by promising myself a breakfast buffet splurge the next morning. Worked, too.....I thought about that sausage gravy on EVERYTHING all day long and smiled every time I did!!!
I will only go to buffets if I am dragged to one. The reason, you ask? I have worked in restaurants and even a high class country club, and buffets are not only unsanitary because the food has been sitting out for hours on end and people cough, sneeze, touch things with their unwashed hands, but worse than that, you are more than likely to see food from the days before that was not used up and reheated several times.



No thanks, but I will order from the menu for cooked fresh and handled once.So...what's your favorite night to go to Old Country Buffet and why?
The only Old Country Buffet around here is about 50 miles away and I wouldn't drive that far for their mediocre food. We like to go to Ponderosa for their buffet because they always have delicious hot chicken wings and their meatloaf is tasty, but that's not very often. Now you got me thinking maybe Saturday....
I have never had a really good meal from one of those places, in fact, the last time I ate at Old Country I got really sick, I will never cross their threshold again.So...what's your favorite night to go to Old Country Buffet and why?
The Hilton here has a great buffet for lunch, for businessmen, $10.95/person.
I've only been there once and The Husband refuses to try it. Funny thing is, the cooked carrots were my favorite.
I like the lunch buffet, any week day
It can't be much worse than your Happy Meal from Mickey D's.
Ewe gross

No comments:

Post a Comment