Monday, February 13, 2012

What are some upbeat (rock or country) songs for a video about a father and son?

My boyfriend is in the Navy and overseas and I am making a video of him and his son for Christmas but I want to put music over part of the video. I don't want anything super sappy or to make him sad, he's a very happy person and I want this to be an UPBEAT video. I just can't think of any songs that are fun and that would be appropriate for scenes where he is playing and goofing off with his son. He likes Incubus, Tool, Nickelback, etc...but also loves Jimmy Buffet, country, hip hop, classic rock...Can anyone help me find a HAPPY song that may go with this montage?What are some upbeat (rock or country) songs for a video about a father and son?
Father, son

Locked as one

In this empty room

Spine against spine

Yours against mine

Till the warmth comes through



Remember the breakwaters down by the waves

I first found my courage

Knowing daddy could save

I could hold back the tide

With my dad by my side



Dogs, plows and bows

We move through each pose

Struggling in our seperate ways

Mantras and hymns

Unfolding limbs

Looking for release through the pain



And the yogi's eyes are open

Looking up above

He too is dreaming of his daddy's love

With his dad by his side

Got his dad by his side



Can you recall

How you took me to school

We couldn't talk much at all

It's been so many years

And now these tears

Guess I'm still a child



Out on the moors

We take a pause

See how far we have come

You're moving quite slow

How far can we go

Father and son



With my dad by my side

With my dad by my side

Got my dad by my side

With me



by Peter Gabriel



Drivin’ through town just my boy and me

With a “Happy Meal” in his booster seat

Knowin’ that he couldn’t have the toy ‘til his nuggets were gone.

A green traffic light turned straight to red

I hit my brakes and mumbled under my breath.

His fries went a flyin’, and his orange drink covered his lap

Well, then my 4 year old said a 4 letter word

It started with -s and I was concerned

So I said, “Son, now where’d you learn to talk like that?”



Chorus:

He said, I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?

I’m your buckaroo, I want to be like you.

And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.

We got cowboy boots and camo pants

Yeah, we’re just alike, hey, ain’t we dad

I want to do everything you do.

So I’ve been watching you.



We got back home and I went to the barn

I bowed my head and I prayed real hard

Said, “Lord, please help me help my stupid self.”

Just this side of bedtime later that night

Turnin’ on my son’s Scooby-doo nightlight.

He crawled out of bed and he got down on his knees.

He closed his little eyes, folded his little hands

Spoke to God like he was talkin’ to a friend.

And I said, “Son, now where’d you learn to pray like that?”



Chorus:

He said, I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?

I’m your buckaroo; I want to be like you.

And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.

We like fixin’ things and holding moma’s hand

Yeah, we’re just alike, hey, ain’t we dad.

I want to do everything you do; so I’ve been watching you.



With tears in my eyes I wrapped him in a hug.

Said, “My little bear is growin’ up.”

And he said, “But when I’m big I’ll still know what to do.”



Chorus:

‘cause I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?

I’m your buckaroo; I want to be like you.

And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.

By then I’ll be strong as superman

We’ll be just alike, hey, won’t we dad

When I can do everything you do.

‘cause I’ve been watchin’ you.



by Rodney AdkinsWhat are some upbeat (rock or country) songs for a video about a father and son?
Rodney Atkins - Watching You



Sounds EXACTLY like what you're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment