Friday, February 10, 2012

How much do waitresses get a night? *in tips*?

I need quick cash within a few months. Anyways I'm thinking of applying as a waitress at The Old Country Buffet or Applebees (somewhere like that)..do they make decent tips in a night? Experienced or current waitresses feedback highly needed..thanx!

*Also how much do u usually take home?How much do waitresses get a night? *in tips*?
the real question is what do you look like, depending on what you look like depends on the places you can work at and make good money in tips, the real money to be made is working as a waitress at a cocktail or martini bar or upscale gentleman's club, when i say up scale im talking about the clubs where when they announce drink specials they cost 5 dollars for a malibu and coke, but if that's not really your style then i would say stick to more upscale restaurants that have pricier food and remember that the real money comes from the alcohol and not really the food, also keep in mind if someone orders a bottle of wine depending on how much the bottle costs, then give them a little more attention then you would normal patrons who just order soda or a glass of wine, also as far as how much you will make in tips, working bars and clubs on a busy night you can walk out with anywhere from 30 to 150 in tips but at restaurants depending on the type and how busy they get it just really varies
not from me i dont tipHow much do waitresses get a night? *in tips*?
I used to work at a family owned casual restaurant. I'd make anywhere between $5 and $70 a night. If you're willing to work weekends, that's where the cash is.
I was taught that tipping should be around 10-15%, so I just take the tax %26amp; double that amount which comes out a little over 15%. I've been a waitress before %26amp; it is hard work, so I always tip well, as long as the service is ok.



This reminds me of when I used to waitress.

My biggest tip was when I was 18 %26amp; working in Berkeley at a Japanese restaurant (it was one of three jobs I held while earning enough money to pay for my college education. At this authentic Japanese restaurant all waitresses had to wear a cotton (Ukata) Kimono. The full dinner in 1972 was under $5.00 and the gentleman left me a $5.00 tip. I pointed out that he had made a mistake %26amp; must have meant to leave a dollar since his meal was under $5.00. He told me that he had enjoyed his meal because of me. I was blow away %26amp; smiling I thanked him %26amp; went back to the waitress prep area.How much do waitresses get a night? *in tips*?
I'm gonna ignore the idiot who doesn't tip.



I've been a server and bartender for 9 years. We make $2.13 an hour and LIVE off tips!



Luckily, with the exception of ignorant people, tips are about 20%. I average $100 a night where ever I work, I worked for Applebee's for 3 years. I still made about $100 a night, long hours and hard work but worth it.



At a buffet you probably aren't gonna make that much because your only refilling drinks no actual service.

No comments:

Post a Comment